Inducted September 15, 2017
- Jefferson High School, 1984
- Northwestern University, Bachelor of Arts in Economics, 1988
- Naval Postgraduate School, Master of Science in Operations Research, 1994
- U.S. Naval War College, Master of Arts in National Security Affairs, 2004
- While assigned to the Missile Defense Agency served with a small team tasked by the President to plan and execute the engagement of a failed Satellite in 2008.
- Privileged to Command two warships – the USS JOHN MCCAIN (DDG-56) and USS MOBILE BAY (CG-53). Awarded the Spokane Trophy as the most combat ready ship in the Pacific Fleet in 2012 while serving with the crew of the USS MOBILE BAY.
- Served as the Chief of Staff for the Third Fleet with responsibilities for operations of 5 Carrier Strike Groups and associated ships, submarines and aircraft assigned and deployed across the Pacific.
- Deployed around the world in every Fleet on aircraft carriers, battleships, frigates, destroyers and cruisers in peace and war over three decades.
- Continuing to work in a second career with the Department of the Navy focused on developing our future fleet.